Dos

Okay, tres apples but day two of the Eat Local Challenge.

I passed on Golden Boy Pizza, my very favorite, with the cute guy and granddaughters and instead ate strawberries and figs walking down Green Street back to the car and then almonds once I got there. This morning there was St. Benoit honey yogurt, Jackie's brown eggs, last night's left over salsa. It's nearly dinner and I'm not even hungry after all my local eating.

And I have to admit that I haven't gone 100% local with feeding the girls. They love the strawberries and tomatoes we bought, were enthusiastic about getting melon this morning and asked for seconds on the scrambled eggs and I think that's all success. They even asked for a pink pearl apple just because it was pretty and then ate the whole thing.

I'm happy.

No comments: