Slow Food Nation Radio Forum With Michael Krasney

I bought tickets months ago for the Food For Thought speakers series of Slow Food Nation happening this weekend in San Francisco. All my favorite speakers will be there plus some I've not heard before.

But the fun and inspiration has already begun. Yesterday, Dr. Vandana Shiva, Anya Fernald, Eric Schlosser and Michael Pollan did a Slow Food hour on the Forum with Michael Krasney.

Here's a link if you'd like to hear the show.

The group touched on everything Slow Food is about; social justice, fair food, environmental sustainability, democracy, the importance of voting with your fork, sitting down at the table and yes, the pleasure of taste.

I've listened to it twice.

Wherever you are this weekend be a part of the Slow Food Nation; enjoy the story and taste of your food, the people at your table and make a vote with your fork, your butter knife, tablespoon and every teaspoon in your drawer for a food system that is healthy for every living thing -

Choose food with the least amount of packaging.

Plant one thing that you will be able to eat.

Go to the farmers' market.

Buy local organic when you can.

Taste your food.

Say, "I won't buy it!" to industrial and manufactured foods that imitate the real thing.

Enjoy a food in season.

No one thing will solve all the challenges of our food systems but every one thing is a step in the right direction.

Let's leave no waste behind and make each step delicious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow -- how'd I miss that?! thanks for the link!

Green Bean said...

Wahoooo! Slow Food Nation! I'll be there tomorrow. I'll keep my eyes open for you. I did happen to listen to that broadcast by the way. Ironically, it was on my way to the farmers' market.

Great list of steps for people to take to eat "slowly."

M said...

Just wanted to say, what a great photo of peppers! Enjoy Slow Food Nation, and thanks for the link.

Kale for Sale said...

audrey - The peppers tasted great too.