The Blogging Bookworm


Last month Green Bean asked if anyone wanted to continue her Bookworm Challenge to read and review an ecologically relevant book for a second month. I had no idea however that when I answered, I could do this every month, that she would take me up on it.

I'm glad she did. We've put together a permanent blog, The Blogging Bookworm, with Donna at Chocolate Crayons (wait until you meet Andrew!), and Going Crunchy, the resident librarian, that will house the lists and lists of books on subjects from Gardening to Garbage, Living Lightly to Peak Water. My favorite list: Sustainable Food books.

Not long ago girlfriends called before traveling or going to the bookstore for reading recommendations. That stopped when I recommended Omnivore's Dilemma exclusively for six months. Which is my way of saying I am excited to be a part of the community of bloggers that are reading, as Green Bean put it, ecologically relevant, books. I'm excited to continue to cruise the reviews, join the conversations and discover good new reads. I love books.

Come on over. Meet the wormers. Let us know what you're reading, and the best part, what you think about what you're reading. Or if you're looking for a good summer read -- there are some damn good book lists and reviews to match.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this book club is wonderful. I can't wait to dive into some of the books your readers are suggesting!

Donna said...

You're funny! Andrew's favorite blog right now is "Organic Picks." He always asks me to look at the one with the ladybug.

Can't wait to see what other books you recommend. I just finished "Uncertain Peril," but haven't posted my review, yet.

Green Bean said...

Shocker! You enjoy Sustainable Foods books? ;-)

It is so nice to work with you guys on this blog. I hope you'll share some of your stunning photographs on the book blog too!! I've never told you that, I think, but I am pea green with envy over your ability to take absolutely beautiful photos.

And, man, Donna is one FAST reader! Already finished Uncertain Peril?!?

Donna said...

Thanks for the compliment, GB, but our library only lets you check new books out for 2 weeks and if someone else has requested them, you can't renew. Some of these I'd like to read slower, but I don't want to pay fines...

And, kale, your photographs ARE beautiful!

Kale for Sale said...

bobbi - I'm with you. There's so many it's almost hard to choose. I look forward to seeing what you choose first.

donna - I'll keep an eye out for an interesting bug to see if I can Andrew's attention too!

I'm so excited you read Uncertain Peril and I can't wait to see what you thought of it! You are the only person in the world I know that has read it and I so want to talk about it. And you do read fast. I generally end up with the fines. (And thank you for the compliment.)

green bean - Yeah, I know. Big surprise. I don't know why I even wrote that.

Ditto on working on the blog with you and Donna. I'm liking it. I've been thinking about book photos. There's a challenge for you. But thank you for the encouragement. Pea green - that's good.

Anonymous said...

How fantastic! I'll definately be checking in there!

Chile said...

I'm so impressed ya'll put this together. I have a book to review for this month. How many days to I have left? One? ONE?!

valereee said...

Ooh, this is my kind of thing!

Kale for Sale said...

chili - I look forward to your reviews but nobody is counting days. Your place is far too hot to stress about anything. (I get stressed hearing how hot your place is.)

valereee - You're back?! I knew you would like this.