Edible City

Maybe it's because it's late that I cried watching the trailer for Edible City. Or maybe it's because Van Jones is part of the trailer and he always makes me cry with great hope.

Maybe it's because I don't live on a farm or have a back yard for the garden of my dreams. Or maybe it was the kids in the community gardens with sunflower smiles, the dirt on everyone's hands, the purple blossom of an artichoke flower shot sharp against the blurred background of the freeway.

I don't know. But it was wonderful.

4 comments:

Dashielle said...

Hi Kale for Sale and friends, I'm one of the producers for Edible City and I wanted to say thanks for your kind words! If you'd like to meet us and help us get the movie finished, follow this link to an invite for a party we're having June 11th. Good speakers, delicious food, new footage, and a beautiful home. Hope to meet you in person, and that you like our new piece as much as you like the trailer. http://www.ediblecitymovie.com/savorythymes/

Kale for Sale said...

Dashielle - Wow. Thanks for leaving a comment. And the invite! I may be able to be there on the 11th and in any event will follow your progress and very much look forward to the finished movie.

leslie said...

Thank you for that link, no wonder you cried, it is a great piece!

Kale for Sale said...

leslie - I'm glad you liked it too. Another friend also emailed me offline that she was inspired. I love this stuff.